Data visualization is an essential component in relaying information contained within infographics. Not only does data-based visualization allow infographic creators to transmit information, but, it allows the viewers of such infographics to examine and completely understand the information in which they are viewing. Visualization has always been considered a highly useful medium for sharing information with others. As an infographic creator, you should know and understand exactly why data visualization in infographics is imperative in relaying information. The following outlines these reasons:
- Visualization has the unique ability to leverage the immense capabilities and unique qualities of the visual system of the body so that a large amount of information may be absorbed and understood by the brain in a rapid manner.
- Our brain has the unique ability to identify certain types of patterns and to communicate the relationships and the meanings of things. Data visualization takes advantage of these abilities so that information may be understood and retained.
- The individuals that are subjected to data visualization through infographics are often interested in furthering the exploration of the concepts that are presented within the infographic.
- Data visualization aids in breaking down highly complex and challenging topics into easy-to-understand concepts and sub-problems. This aids in enhancing one’s understanding of the information that is being presented.
- Data visualization in infographics allows the creator to outline trends and/or outliers. It also allows the creator to outline specific data that is directly related to their niche.
Key Function of Data Visualization
According to experts and professional infographic creators, the key function associated with data visualization is to easily move information from one point to another point. Essentially, there are two main types of data visualization. These include the following:
- Exploratory Visualization – This is where the first point is the dataset and the second point is the infographic creator’s mind.
- Explanatory Visualization – This is where the first point in the mind of the infographic creator and the second point is the mind of the reader.
Now that you know and understand why data visualization is important to infographic creators, it is time to initiate the task of creating infographics in order to promote your business and/or niche. When choosing images, you should opt for those that naturally attract the viewer. It is also important to be selective in choosing the colors that you use in your infographics. Typically, certain industries and certain types of niches will use specific colors in order to draw in the attention of their viewers. If you would like more information on data visualization and creating your own infographics, click HERE.